Thursday, November 3, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken

Last night I made Honey Lime chicken tacos.  I started with the recipe for Spicy Honey Chicken from Our Best Bites.  I changed the following: first I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because that is what I had.  I made the rub with my homemade chili powder that is similar to AB Chili Powder from the Food Network and it has toasted cumin seed in it so I omitted the cumin and used Chinese 5 spice instead.  I also omitted the chipotle chili powder and just used 2 1/2 tsp. of what I had.  I used about 1/2 cup honey and lime juice instead of the cider vinegar for the glaze.  I cranked the grill up really high and seared the chicken on both sides and the turned it down really low (about 300º or 325º). I basted it throughout with the glaze and then shredded it all up and put the usual taco stuff with it.  It was good but I will add more salt to the dry rub next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment